Instruction, Research & Outreach Librarian
Library office: BICC 331
School of Nursing Office hours: SON 5th Floor, Mondays from 1pm - 5pm
Assist patrons with research and consumer health questions
School of Nursing Liaison
Division of Management Liaison
Collection Development Committee
Library Communications Team
University of Washington Information School, Seattle WA
Masters of Library and Information Science-June 2002
University of Washington, Seattle WA
Bachelor of Arts in English-June 1988
Oregon Health & Science University Library
Reference Librarian-October 2007-present
- Providing reference services for students, faculty and staff of OHSU.
- Library Liaison responsibilities for the School of Nursing and the Division of Management.
- Database searching, classroom and online instruction and orientations.
- Development of traditional and electronic courseware.
- Development of reference and research services to onsite and remote users.
- Development and maintenance of library subject guides.
- Member Collection Development Committee and Liaison to Database Subgroup for selection, acquisition and maintenance of electronic databases.
- Participating in local, regional, and national professional associations.
OHSU Nursing Liaison-June 2010-present
- Providing reference and research services, orientation, instruction and outreach to the OHSU School of Nursing and Nursing and Patient Care Services groups within the OHSU Hospital.
- Joint appointment to the OHSU School of Nursing faculty.
Head, OHSU Science & Engineering Library-July 2009-June 2010
- Manage branch library with a staff of three, support staff in providing all access services.
- Manage branch library collection and collection development budget.
- Maintaining and updating the OGI Library's website.
- Maintaining and developing the library's electronic thesis collection.
- Serve the library’s management team and library council.
- Serve on the collection development committee and collection development budget committee.
- Subject selector for Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Computer Science, Business and HR, Environmental Engineering, Hydrology, Management Information Systems, Management, Nanotechnology and Oceanography.
Librarian, OGI Samuel L. Diack Library-October 2007-July 2009
- Assisting library patrons with information seeking and use of tools and resources available in the OHSU Libraries.
- Maintaining and updating the OGI Library's website.
- Remains current on new library practices, procedures and technology; recommends new practices, procedures, and technology as appropriate.
- Maintaining expertise in subject areas of the Science & Engineering Department and research interests of the faculty and institution to fulfill selection and liaison requirements.
- Acting as contact for Integrated Library System for local issues with the OHSU Library Systems administrator.
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of the library's electronic thesis collection.
Oregon Institute of Technology
Portland Operations Librarian-February 2003-October 2007
- Providing general and subject-specific reference services, for students of OIT, Clackamas Community College and Eastern Oregon University.
- Developing collections and services that support the curriculum and research for the two OIT Portland campuses.
- Consulting and collaborating with faculty and students on reference, research, collections, and instruction issues.
- Developing and presenting library and course-integrated instruction.
- Serving on professional committees of OIT and OIT Portland.
Libraries Web Content Manager-October 2004-October 2008
- Maintaining and administering the OIT Libraries website, including redesigning and developing two consecutive library websites.
Adjunct Faculty-Operations Management-March 2004-June 2004
Instructor, BUS 456: Business Research Methods
- Teaching research design, including hypotheses formulation and testing.
- Identifying data sources, collection and analysis of related research.
- Survey design, sampling and census techniques.
- Skills in library research and other online information retrieval.
Additional Library & Research Experience
Waggoner Edstrom-July 2003-September 2003
South Seattle Community College Library-October 2001-June 2002
Library Intern – Reference and Instruction
Highline Community College Library-October 2001-December 2001
Library Intern-Reference and Instruction
Oregon Health and Science University Library
- Interprofessional Initiative Professional Identity Taskforce 2012-2013
- Interprofessional Initiative Foundation Curriculum Planning Committee 2013
- Interprofessional Initiative Intermediate Curriculum Planning Committee 2013-
- Center of Excellence for Transgender Healthcare Taskforce 2013
- Library Mobile Taskforce, Lead 2013
- Library Communications Team 2013-
- OHSU Hospital Nursing Research Council, Member and Secretary, 2010-
- Biomedical Sciences Librarian Search Committee 2010
- Co-chair Library Beautification Day 2010
- Chair, Collection Development Database Subgroup 2009-2012
- Collection Development Committee 2009-
- Collection Budget Subgroup 2009 - 2012
- Member of Library Management Team 2009-2010
- Member of Library Council 2009-2010
Oregon Institute of Technology-Portland
- OIT Library Director Search Committee 2007
- OIT Web Advisory Committee 2007
- NWCCU Accreditation Self-Study Team - Website Design, Development and Support 2006-2007
- OIT Portland New Student Orientation Co-chair 2005-2007
- OIT Portland Student Services Search Committee 2004
Highline Community College
- Cultural Diversity Grant Committee, 2002
Memberships & Committees
- American Library Association, 2000-
- American Library Association, Association of College and Research Librarians, 2004-
- Health Science Interest Group, Convener 2013-2014
- Health Science Interest Group, Convener-Elect 2012-2012,
- Health Science Interest Group, Chair of Programing Task Force 2013-2014
- Nursing Information Literacy Mapping Task Force, 2012
- ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards Task Force, 2012-2013
- ACRL Instruction Section, member
- Oregon Chapter, member
- Answerland Pilot Project participant and Assessment Committee 2003-2004
- L-net Advisory Board 2007-2009
- L-net Training Team 2004-2008
- Medical Library Association, 2009-
- Nursing & Allied Health Resources Section Candidate for Nominating Committee 2011
- Nursing & Allied Health Resources Section, member 2010-
- Online Northwest Conference Planning Committee 2005-2008, 2012-
- Oregon Health Sciences Libraries Association
- Association President 2009/2010
- Association Web Master 2011-
- Oregon Library Association, 2003-
- Oregon Statewide Virtual Reference Summit Conference Planning Committee 2009-2011
- Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association, 2007-
(Phelps, S., Hyde, L., & Planchon Wolf, J.), no author. Information literacy competency standards for nursing: Approved by the ACRL Board of Directors, October 2013. College research library news January 2014 75:34-4
(Phelps, S., Hyde, L., & Planchon Wolf, J.), no author. (2013). Information literacy competency standards for nursing. Association of College and Research Libraries: Health Sciences Interest Group. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/nursing
Hyde, Loree, & Tucker-Raymond, Caleb (2006). Benchmarking Librarian Performance in Chat Reference. The Reference Librarian. 46, 5-19.
Phelps, S.F., Hyde, L. (2013, November). Librarians and Nursing Faculty Working Together. Abstract presented at the 2013 American Association of Colleges of Nursing Baccalaureate Education Conference in New Orleans, LA.
Hyde, Loree, Phelps, Sue & Planchon-Wolf, Julie (2013). Sharing is Caring: Creation of Information Literacy Standards for the Nursing Community. 2013 ACRL Washington and Oregon Joint Conference, 2013, Pack Forest.
Hyde, Loree, Bauer, Diane (2012). Fundamentals of the Game: Information Literacy Standards for Nursing in Action. Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, 2012, Seatte.
Hyde, Loree (2010). Knowledge Sharing and Working with the OHSU Research Council to present at Nursing Grand Rounds. Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, 2010 Portland.
Hyde, Loree, Ford, Emily & Zeigen, Laura (2009). Web 2.0 at the OHSU Library. Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, 2009 Seattle.
Hyde, Loree (2010) Librarians + Nurses = Powerful Research! 2010 Nurses’ Week Poster Display, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR.
A systematic review of the robustness of the measurement tools used to demonstrate the financial impact of libraries in a clinical setting.
- Basic Rights Oregon Volunteer 2012-
- Russell Street Counseling Center, Web Committee, 2009-2010
- Rock Camp for Girls volunteer, 2008, Portland OR
- Girls Inc. of NW Oregon, 2006-2007, Portland OR
- TWIST: Teen Women in Science and Technology, OGI Summer camp, 2006, Klamath Falls OR
- Library Committee Member, Seattle Girls School, 2002, Seattle WA