- Oversee OHSU Library’s Digital Resources Library (DRL)
- Coordinate and supervise metadata creation
- Design and build digital collections
- Plan for collection growth and strategic change
- Work with faculty and other partners to deposit material in the DRL
- Digital Services Program Manager, Orbis Cascade Alliance (2007-2012)
- Head, Automated Services Unit, Oregon State Library (2002-2007)
- Monographs Unit Head, Oregon State University (2000-2002)
- Catalog Librarian, Oregon State University (1996-2000)
- MS, Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1996
- MA, Political Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1991
- BA, Political Science cum laude, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1989
- With Anya Arnold. Using Resource Sharing Standards in the Orbis Cascade Alliance Consortial Borrowing System. NISO Information Standards Quarterly 22(4) 2010 p. 4-9.
- With Terry Reese. Digital Repositories: A How-To Manual. New York: Neal-Schuman, 2008. 277 p.
- With Mark Dahl and Michael Spalti. Digital Libraries: Integrating Content and Systems. Oxford: Chandos Publishing, 2006. 203 p.
- Know How To Integrate Library Services. Computers in Libraries, March 2004. p. 10-16.
- How Much Security Do You Need? Computers in Libraries, May 2003. p. 12-15, 54-56.
- “Improving Interlibrary Loan with XML,” in XML for Libraries, ed. Roy Tennant. New York: Neal-Schumann, 2002. p. 31-41.
- Taking Advantage of Outsourcing Options: Using Purchased Record Sets to Maximize Cataloging Effectiveness. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly 32(1) 2002. p. 55-64.
- How Does XML Help Libraries? Computers in Libraries, Sept. 2002. p. 30-34.
- With Cheryl Middleton. Successful Fast Track Implementation of a New Library System. Technical Services Quarterly, 18(3) Summer 2001. p. 21-33.
- Challenges of Using Metadata in a Library Setting: The Collection And Management of Electronic Links (CAMEL) Project at Oregon State University. Library Collections, Acquisitions, and Technical Services, 24(2) Summer 2000. p. 217-227.
- Is Data Mining Right for Your Library? Computers in Libraries, Nov/Dec 1998. p. 28-31.
- Describing Remote Electronic Documents in the Online Catalog: Current Issues. Cataloging and Classification Quarterly 25(1) 1997. p. 5-20.
- Advanced Database Systems (Book Review). Journal of the American Society for Information Science 49(4) 1998. p. 388.
- Consortial digital preservation: Orbis Cascade Alliance (with Kira Homo). DuraSpace Community Webinar Series: Preservation Planning Success Stories. February 21, 2012. Invited speaker.
- Social widget primer. Code4Lib Northwest. Portland, OR. June 13, 2011. Presenter.
- Giving people what they want : information access in libraries and beyond. ASCLA Preconference Workshop at ALA Annual Meeting. Washington DC. June 25, 2010. Invited speaker.
- Dropping ACID : wrapping your mind around NoSQL databases. Code4Lib Northwest. Portland, OR. June 7, 2010. Presenter.
- Large consortium systems: making the library work with other libraries. NISO Forum: Library Resource Management Systems. Boston, MA. October 9, 2009. Invited speaker.
- Orbis Cascade Alliance and the OCLC consortial borrowing solution (with John Helmer) International Coalition of Library Consortia. San Francisco, CA. April 16, 2008. Invited speaker.
- Next generation catalogs: issues and opportunities (with Terry Reese). Online Northwest. February 22, 2008. Invited speaker
- Implementing Next Generation Catalogs on Innovative Systems. Northwest Innovative Users Group. Portland, OR. October 19, 2007. Invited plenary.
- Setting Up and Maintaining a Wireless Network. Online Northwest, Corvallis, Oregon. January 21, 2005. Presenter.
- Implementing ISO and Odyssey. Northwest ILLiad Users Meeting. Portland State University, Portland, Oregon. May 20, 2004. Invited speaker
- OpenURL applications for ILLiad. Northwest ILLiad Users Group Meeting. Portland State University, Portland, Oregon. March 28, 2003. Invited speaker
- Improving Library Service with Automation. Xiamen Municipal Library, Xiamen, China. September 21, 2001. Invited speaker
- So Many Standards, So Little Time. Online Northwest, Portland, OR, 2001. Presenter.
- Using III with Other Applications. Northwest Innovative Users Group Meeting, Portland, OR, 1999. Invited speaker.
- Making Desktop Applications Communicate with Your OPAC. American Library Association, New Orleans, LA, 1999. Presenter.
- Practical Applications of Metadata. Oregon Library Association. Newport, OR, 1999. Invited speaker.
- Using III with Other Applications. Innovative Users Group Meeting, Oakland, CA, 1999. Presenter.
- Managing the Information Deluge. American Society for Information Science Annual Meeting. Portland, OR, 1998. Program Chair.
- Troubleshooting Passport for Windows, (Workshop) University of Oregon, 1997. Invited speaker.
- Advanced OML, (Workshop) Oregon Health Sciences University, 1997. Invited speaker.
- Selected for Horner Library Staff Exchange between the State of Oregon and Fujian Province, China, 2001.
- EBSCO/American Library Association Conference Sponsorship, 2001.
- Association of College and Research Libraries Samuel Lazerow Fellowship for Research in Acquisitions or Technical Service in Academic and Research Libraries, 2000.
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1991.