Kristina M. Deshazo
Acquisitions & E-Resources Librarian
- Manage acquisition of all material types, print and electronic
- Communicate with vendors and publishers, monitoring approval plans, vendor performance and maintaining vendor relationships
- Manages licensing and negotiation of resources
- Oversees electronic resource acquisitions, maintenance and support including development of effective workflows and procedures
- Manages the monograph, journal and database budget
- Manages gift processes workflow communicating with donors and working closely with HC&A staff
- Subject selector for monograph purchases
- Customer support team member
- Member of Collection Development Committee, chair of Databases subcommittee
- Member of Collection Budget team
- Electronic Serials Librarian, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR (2002-2007)
- Web Support & Content Management, Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR (2000-2001)
- Information Specialist, Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR (1991-2000)
- Associate Information Specialist, Intel Corporation Library, Hillsboro, OR (1984-1991)
- M.L.I.S. (1997) Emporia State University, Emporia, KS
- B.A. (1991) Marylhurst College, Marylhurst, OR
Memberships and Offices Held
- Thieme Academic Library Advisory Board, 2013
- Acquisitions Institute at Timberline
- Conference Planning, 2011-
- Conference Assistant, 2010
- American Library Association, 2010-
- ALCTS AS Organization & Management Committee, 2014
- ALCTS Best of LRTS Award Committee, 2011
- Pacific Northwest Chapter/Medical Library Association, 2009-
- Conference Publicity Committee, 2010
- NASIG (North American Serials Interest Group), 2002-
- Conference Planning Committee, 2003
- Ingenta Library Advisory Group, 2006
- Special Libraries Association, 1992-2001
- Oregon Chapter Treasurer, 1997-2000
- American Society for Information Science & Technology, 1992-2000
- Oregon Health Sciences Libraries Association, 2002-
- DeShazo, Kristina. 2012. Example 5. E-book access management using an ERM System—Oregon Health & Science University. In Building and managing e-book collections : A how-to-do-it manual for librarians., ed. Richard Kaplan. Chicago, IL: Neal-Schuman, an imprint of the American Library Association.
- DeShazo, K. 2009. The 2009 Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge. Serials Review 35 (4): 296-8.
- Kobyljanec, Kathy (ed). 2003. NASIG 18th annual conference (2003)conference reports, preconference – cataloging survival for non-catalogers, or: You thought you would never need to catalog again, Karen Darling, University of Missouri-Columbia, Reported by Kristi DeShazo. NASIG Newsletter 18 (3) (September 2003): 13.
- "GIST For You!,” Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge, May 2011.
- “E-Book Acquisition at OHSU,” Panel Presenter, Orbis Cascade Alliance’s Collection Development & Management Committee Meeting, October 2010.