Circulation Technician II
- Support staff for the Circulation Desk, assisting patrons, supporting student assistants on emergent issues, and helping solve problems.
- Monitor and supervise student assistants.
- Train students on reserves, cash transactions handling and general library procedures and policies.
- Coordinate print reserves, working with instructors and their staff, including inputting instructor-provided materials and class reserve pages into the catalog.
- Summit circulation contact, with primary responsibility for daily outbound borrowed items, monthly courier reports, and interlibrary troubleshooting.
- Process overdue notices and bills, and manage patron records with regards fines and unreturned items. Work with patrons for mutually satisfactory resolution of overdue, damaged and unreturned library materials. Work with University-level accounts receivable regarding collection issues.
- Searches stacks for materials claimed returned.
- Support for print serials management, inputting data for bound volumes.
- Collects library usage data and generates statistical reports on same.
- Serials Check-in Tech, OHSU Library (1995-1998)
- Substitute Teacher, various school districts (1990-1995)
- Interlibrary Loan Tech, OHSU Library (1987-1994, intermittent)
- Worker/Owner, Sunflower Recycling (1982-1987)
- Advertising Sales, Southeast Times (1981-1982)
- Economic Development Research Assistant, Portland Chamber of Commerce (1976-1981)
- Part-time Library Page, Multnomah County Library (1969-1976)
- MST, Secondary Social Studies (1995), Portland State University
- Teaching Certificate, Secondary Social Studies, Oregon & Washington (1990), Portland State University
- BA, Economics (1976), Portland State University
- Certificate of Urban Studies (1976), Portland State University