Associate University Librarian
Content Management & Systems
- Member of library management team and library council
- Oversee the following units: Acquistions and E-Resources; Collection Development; Digital Collections & Metadata, Systems; and Scholarly Communication.
- Lead the Collection Development Committee and work closely with subject liaisons
- Coordinate selection of print and electronic library materials and license electronic resources
- Work with library and campus faculty in collection analysis
- Develop annual collection budget
- Head of Acquisitions, New York University, New York, NY. 2005-2007
- Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon. 2003-2005
- Serials and Electronic Resources Librarian, Loyola University Health Sciences Library, Maywood, Illinois. 2000-2003
- Health Information Specialist, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois. 1999-2000
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (1999), Dominican University, River Forest, Illinois.
- Bachelor of Science in History (1996), DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois.
Presentations and Publications
- "Stories from the Field: Orbis Cascade Alliance", Library Technology Reports 2012.
- "Pioneering Partnerships: Building a Demand Driven Consortium Ebook Project," Against the Grain vol 23: no. 3 (2011: June)
- Editor, "Serials Conversations" Column in "Serials Review" 2001-2004
- "Serials Spoken Here - Summary of Acquisitions Institute, May 2004, Serials Review - Fall 2004 publication
- "Dos and Don'ts for E-Journal Management: Advice for Publishers", Learned Publishing vol.15: no.2 (2002:April)
- "By Popular Demand: Building a Consortial Demand Driven Program," Panel Presenter, Charleston Conference, November 2011
- "Pursuing the Strategic Agenda," Panel Presenter, Orbis Cascade Alliance Summer Meeting, July 2011
- "Monograph Supply Chain," Panel Presenter, Acquisitions Institute, May 2011
- Panel presenter for the Librarian Focus Group, sponsored by Scholarly for Society Publishing, February 2011.
- "Orbis Cascade Alliance: Process & Recommendations for a Shared Ebook Program," ALA Midwinter Conference, YBP User Group Session., January 2011.
- "Tips, Tricks, and Workflows on Managing Digital Resources," Panel Presenter, Internet Librarian, October 2010.
- "Using Summit Statistics for Collection Development," Orbis Cascade Alliance’s Collection Development & Management Committee Meeting, October 2010.
- "Alliance Shared Ebook Program," Orbis Cascade Alliance’s Collection Development & Management Committee Meeting, October 2010.
- "ebooks and Academic Libraries: Toward a New Best Practice," Panel Presenter, Library Journal’s Ebook Summit, September 2010.
- "Mad World of Ebooks in the Scholarly Communications Supply Chain: A Focused Discussion," Panel Presenter, ALA Annual Conference. Invitation only program for publishers and consortia leaders sponsored by YBP, June 2010.
- "Challenges and Opportunities in Acquiring and Managing E-Resources”, EBSCO Medical Executive Seminar, April 2008
- "Analyzing Cross-Departmental Workflow," American Library Association 2005 Annual Conference. Panel presenter on "Innovations in E-Journal Management."
- "Using a PDA to Track Usage of Unbound Journals", Poster session at ALA Annual Conference 2004.
- "Solutions and Problems in the Management of E-Journals" Greater Midwest Region and National Network of Libraries of Medicine Videoconference on E-Journals and Your Library, March 30, 2001
- Guest Lecturer, "Electronic Journals" Dominican University Graduate Library School class on Health Sciences Library Administration, May 2001, March 2002 and 2003
- Various informational classes to the general public on behalf of Northwestern Memorial Hospital's Health Learning Center, 1999-2000
Memberships and Offices Held
- Co-Moderator and Co-Founder of ERIL (Electronic Resources in Libraries) discussion list, 2001-
- Member, Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship Editorial Board 2007-
- Member, American Medical Association Library Advisory Board, 2002-2009
- Member, Springer Academic Library Advisory Board, 2010-
American Library Association, 1999-
- Chair, ALCTS Budget and Finance Committee, 2012-
- Member, ALCTS Board of Directors, 2012-
- ALCTS Representative to ALA's Planning and Budget Assembly, 2012-
- Member, ALCTS Budget Committee, 2009-2012
- Liaison from ALCTS Budget Committee to ALCTS Continuing Resources Executive Committee, 2009-2012
- Member, ALCTS Acquisition Section's Nominating Committee, 2010-2011
- Member, ALCTS Nominating Committee, 2008-2009
- Chair, ALCTS Continuing Resources Section’s Nominating Committee, 2008-2009
- Past-Chair, ALCTS Continuing Resources Section, 2007-2008
- Member, ALCTS Board, 2006-2007
- Chair, ALCTS Serials Section, 2006-2007
- Vice-Chair, ALCTS Serials Section, 2005-2006
- Member, ALCTS Serials Section Policy and Planning Committee, 2004-2005
- Chair, ALCTS Serials Section Acquisitions Committee, 2003-2004
- Member, ALCTS Serials Section Acquisitions Committee, 2002-2003
- Intern, ALCTS Serials Section Acquisitions Committee, 2001-2002
- MLA Delegate, ALA’s 2nd Congress on Professional Development, 2000-2001
NASIG (North American Serials Interest Group), 2000-2008
- Co-Chair of Electronic Communications Committee, 2005-2006
- Co-Chair of Program Planning Committee
- 2005 Annual Conference
- 2004 Annual Conference
- Member of Program Planning Committee, 2002-2005
- Moderator, ACRL-NY discussion list, 2005-2007
- Co-Organizer, Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge, 2004-2005