Historical Collections & Archives is actively seeking donations of books, photographs, and other historically relevant materials to add to our collections. Types of materials we collect include, but are not limited to:
- personal papers of faculty, staff, students, alumni, honor societies and other affiliates
- publications of the university and its predecessors
- photographs in all formats
- genealogical information
- research files
- oral histories
- instruments, equipment, and apparatus institutional records, including correspondence, administrative and fiscal reports, policy statements, manuals, minutes, architectural drawings and plans, biennial and annual reports, curricula, and event materials
- books on medicine, dentistry, nursing, and allied health sciences published before 1901 and selected later works that became classics in their fields, as well as books on the history of the health sciences, especially in the Pacific Northwest
To discuss a donation, contact Maija Anderson, Head, Historical Collections & Archives, at 503-418-2287 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Peterson, Archivist, Historical Collections & Archives, at 503-494-3239 or email@example.com.
To inquire about donating books or journals to the OHSU Library, please refer to the main donations document.
If you have historical materials that may not be suitable for our collections, we would be happy to direct you to appropriate repositories.
Note: Donations may be tax deductible. However, OHSU cannot appraise donations for tax purposes. For the protection of the donor, a qualified tax accountant should be consulted and any necessary appraisals completed before title to the material is conveyed to OHSU.