Historical Collections & Archives: History of Medicine Collection
The History of Medicine Collection is in the History of Medicine Room, Old Library. It contains books published before 1901 and certain twentieth-century facsimile reprints and other rare and valuable historical books. In this collection are books that were part of the 1893 donation of Dr. R.B. Wilson and Rodney Glisan's personal collections to the Medical School, which formed the very beginning of our Library. The History of Medicine collection itself came into being as a special collection around 1939. It was located in cabinets in a front reading room of the Old Library during the 1940s and 1950s before being moved to its current location. The current room was dedicated in April 1964 as the Historical Book Room. Its name was changed to History of Medicine.
The current History of Medicine room.