OHSU research and funding development services
Search the OHSU Research Department's website for the most recent funding opportunities.
NIH's John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences - Funding news
______OSLER TL1 Funding for Student Research
The Oregon Students Learn and Experience Research award funded through the CTSA TL1 mechanism supports summer and year-long research opportunities for OHSU students enrolled in doctoral programs (MD, DMD, PhD, PharmD, DNP).
Deadline Check early in the new year. Learn more
Tartar Trust Fellowship
Description: Tartar Trust Fellowships are intended to be used for supporting research endeavors and research career development in the School of Medicine. They are offered annually by the OHSU Foundation. A non-exclusive list of purposes for which fellowships might be awarded includes:
- Assist qualified graduate students in their research programs.
- Provide released time for a graduate Teaching Assistant for purposes of advancing the individual's degree research.
- Support specially endowed medical students to engage in research during the summer or a term of the academic year.
- Extend appointments of qualified postdoctoral investigators.
- Provide released time or summary salary for a faculty member.
- Provide young members with a brief period of special research training as quests at other institutions.
- Provide support for an individual to perform research on an urgent short-term problem relating to human diseases.
- Projects that are likely to enhance the applicant's career development are of particular interest.
- Applications for the Tartar Trust Fellowship program are due by noon on February 19th, 2010. Awards are offered each year and due mid-February annually.
Deadline: Check early in the new year
Amount: Up to $2,000
Eligibility: Medical and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty are eligible for this award. Applicants must be residents of Oregon who are affiliated with the OHSU School of Medicine.