News & Events
Other Global Health EventsMarch, 2014
March All Hill (Student) Film Festival 2014
Location: OHSU Student Center Media Room - Free FOOD!!! Details
The 4th Annual Kathryn Robertson Memorial Lecture in Global Health, noon to 1pm, Vey Conference Center - Reception 1pm - 2pm.
Western Regional International Health Conference, University of Washington, Friday, April 4 – Sunday, April 6, 2014.
11th Annual Unite For Sight Conference Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA Saturday, April 12 - Sunday, April 13, 2014.
CUGH 5th Annual Global Health Conference May 10-12, 2014 │Washington, DC –
News - Articles
- Nodding disease: Experts embark on new research - International and local medical experts have agreed to undertake a fresh comprehensive research study in Uganda, South Sudan and Tanzania to gather more information about the mysterious nodding syndrome. The exact cause of nodding disease is still alien to both international and local medical experts. So far, the mysterious disease has claimed the lives of some 200 children in northern Uganda and affected scores of families. Article
- NUCLEAR FAMINE: A BILLION PEOPLE AT RISK Global Impacts of Limited Nuclear War on Agriculture, Food Supplies, and Human Nutrition. Ira Helfand, MD, International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War, Physicians for Social Responsibility. View report
- eSaludToday Call for Articles
"With this book, we share our hope that all people may have access to health care; that wellness becomes the standard, and disease, the exception." Global Health Education Consortium (GHEC)
- President Barack Obama reinforced his commitment to both global health and biomedical research in his 2011 budget proposal, and has released more details about how he intends to implement his Global Health Initiative. Read this and other global health articles in Fogarty's quarterly newsletter Global Health Matters
- President Obama pledges $63 billion in global health funding. "In the 21st century, disease flows freely across borders and oceans, and, in recent days, the 2009 H1N1 virus has reminded us of the urgent need for action," stated the President. Read more.
- IOM Report Calls for a Big Boost in Global Health May 21, 2009 article by Christine Stencel
in National Academy of Sciences. Read the IOM Report in brief.