REGISTER NOW FOR GLOBAL HEALTH WINTER ELECTIVES - COMPLETE ONE REQUIRED COURSE, AND EARN YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE 2014 SUMMER GHC TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP!
DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS RECRUITMENT INFORMATION SESSION
The Cleaners at the Ace Hotel
403 SW 10th Avenue
Portland, OR 97205
7:00PM Wednesday December 4, 2013 - Flier
All interested medical professionals:
join us to learn more about Doctors Without Borders and how you can put YOUR ideals into practice.
PHYSICIANS – NURSES – SURGEONS – ANESTHESIOLOGISTS & NURSE ANESTHETISTS – MIDWIVES
EPIDEMIOLOGISTS – PHARMACISTS – MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALISTS – MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS/TECHNOLOGISTS
EXPERIENCED FIELD COORDINATORS
French fluent medical professionals continue to be needed in the CAR, Chad, DRC, Haiti, & Niger.
For more information and to register: Visit www.doctorswithoutborders.org
Access to Medications Campaign
PAGAC needs your help! View our Advocacy page
"Optimal wellness that transcends national boundaries and is best addressed by cooperative solutions." This philosophy encompasses domestic as well as international health and focuses on health in resource-poor communities.
The Global Health Center has been committed to inter-professional education since its inception in 2007, having taught over 800 students from dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health, physician assistant and graduate nutrition students, along with 60 mid-career to retiring health care professionals. Our programs have served over 1200 clients drawn from Portland's refugee, homeless and other underserved residents. View stats
Global Health Center (GHC) Achievements
- NIH National Institute for Neurological Disease and Stroke (NINDS) to research Nodding Syndrome in East Africa.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) awarded a grant approaching $1.5million to the OHSU School of Nursing, in partnership with the School of Medicine and the Global Health Center
- NIH grant – one of 35 worldwide
- Spirit Mountain Grant $25K to support iCHEE and PTGH
- ICESS: National Human Genome Research Institute (Interdisciplinary Center on Epigenetics, Science, and Society) $15K; Intention is to explore the biological, clinical, social science, legal, and community impacts of epigenetics; Smart Harnessing of Expertise and Refugee Professional Abilities - support for the SHERPA program which seeks to integrate refugee professionals into the community
- GH Fair featuring NGOs that work abroad
- Five courses have been developed and supported by the GHC: PTGH, GHCE, CGH, HIC, iCHEE;
- PTGH in its 5th year has graduated 45 students.
- Publication of the Road Map for Interprofessional GH Education
- Development of GH training concept for internal medicine residency program
- Certificate of Achievement to the first graduates of the Concentration in GH Studies Program
- Continued support for travel scholarships supporting students who have conducted research projects in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
- Development and creation of the Global Links interactive world map, where the OHSU community has professional ties around the world
Global Health Center Video
Interested in the Global Health Center activities? Click here to view 5 minute video
International InnovationsOur OHSU Global Health Center is featured in the European publication: International Innovations.
Read the extensive report on our Center that was disseminated to the World Health Organization plus other major European global health related organizations. Report
Recipient of the 2008 NIH John E. Fogarty International Center Framework Grant on Global Health in Changing Environments
The Global Health Center strives to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding academic, research, and service activities across OHSU and beyond. Given the changing nature of global health, we highly recommend that readers of this website check with programs and training sites of interest to assure accurate information.