Vision, Mission, Values
The OHSU Center for Ethics in Health Care envisions health care that is compassionate, just and respectful for the people of Oregon and across the nation.
- Combine the ethical perspectives of health care professionals, patients and families to improve teaching, research, and clinical consultation in patient care and health policy.
- Provide statewide leadership in identifying and addressing ethical issues in healthcare.
- Serve as a resource for teaching about professional responsibility and health care ethics principles.
- Advocate for institutional and public policies that promote ethical goals in health care services and systems.
In health care delivery, education and research, we value:
- Respect for persons
- Beneficent health care
- Stewardship of health care resources