The Center for Diversity & Inclusion has developed a Recruitment Manual to help enhance diversity recruitment efforts and keep OHSU moving toward the goal of being a great organization, diverse in people and ideas. It will be one of the resources available to foster a respectful, inclusive environment where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. The manual includes guidelines to help develop and post position descriptions and tips and best practices for a well-executed search for talent.
Nurturing A Community of Diversity and Inclusion
Sustaining a diverse workforce begins with attracting people who reflect the changing demographics throughout Oregon and in the United States.
As Oregon’s only academic health center, OHSU trains the next generation of doctors, dentists, nurses and health care professionals. To address the health care needs of rapidly diversifying communities and to eliminate disparities in health care, it's important to recruit professionals who are committed to addressing access, language, as well as myriad cultural differences and barriers.
Increasing diversity in recruitment and strengthening retention are among the five goals outlined in the OHSU Diversity Action Plan.
Goal 1: Increase Recruitment
- Increase diversity among OHSU students at Schools and affiliates.
- Increase diversity among residents and fellows.
- Increase diversity in the faculty ranks within the OHSU Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Dentistry, their programs and affiliates.
- Increase diversity in the workforce across OHSU missions.
Goal 2: Strengthen Retention
- Develop and implement a retention plan that drives and sustains diversity and inclusion.
- Enhance career development, guidance, support and resources.
- Establish and implement best practices for retention.