Resources and Services
Dr. Adrienne Lawson-Thompson serves as the Diversity Manager for Faculty Recruitment and Retention in the Center for Diversity & Inclusion.
Dr. Thompson worked for California State University, Sacramento for nearly 20 years in various capacities. She was also a visionary leader and change agent at Sacramento State with the Faculty Coalition for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, in addition to the Faculty Council for Affirmative Action. She is currently a member of several national organizations: the National Hispanic Medical Association, the National Medical Association, the Association of American Indian Physicians; the American Educational Research Association; and the National Association for Developmental Education.
Dr. Thompson's education accomplishments include a BA in Sociology with a minor in Criminology from San Jose State; a MA in Bilingual Multicultural Education and in 2011 her doctoral degree in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies both from California State University, Sacramento. Dr. Thompson research interests include: equity/social change, institutional racism, cultural and language diversity, gender and difference, role-modeling/mentorship, faculty diversity and inclusion. She is a native of Los Angeles, California.
Recruitment and Retention Services Offered
CONTACT: Email Dr. Thompson or call 503-494-2258
- Faculty search committee toolkit and training
- Access to database of diverse and inclusive venues for advertising and prospective faculty candidates
- Assistance with faculty recruitment and retention
- Serve on the departmental faculty search committees
- Meet with prospective faculty candidates. Arrange a "meet-and-greet" with other diverse faculty, staff and administrators
- Offer a Diversity Resource Guide
- Meet and offer support for new diverse faculty