Health, Science and Engineering Career Conference
Each year, the Center for Diversity & Inclusion collaborates with the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, and Nursing and the College of Pharmacy to host a one-day conference for high school and college students interested in pursuing a career in the health care and science professions.
In 2013, the conference will be held on Friday, February 22.
Note: The event is at full capacity, and registration is closed. For late registrations or questions about the waiting list, please email us.
The conference seeks to:
- Encourage diverse students to study health and sciences
- Provide students with insight on health care and science professions in medicine, nursing, dentistry, allied health, engineering, biomedical informatics, dietetics & nutrition and pharmacy,
- Offer tips on admission processes and other relevant information,
- Introduce students to OHSU educational programs, faculty, facilities and resources, and
- Promote bicultural/bilingual prospective health and science providers.
Continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided to all participants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there a fee for the conference?
A. No, the conference is free to all registered attendees
Q. If I am bringing a group of students do I have to register all of the students?
A. Yes, all of the students have to register online individually.
Pre-Health Advisors Conference
OHSUCenter for Diversity & Inclusion, in partnership with the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, and Nursing and programs in Allied Health and Pharmacy, offers a day conference for pre-health advisors and counselors. The conference aims to assist advisors in enhancing their knowledge of academic and career preparation for undergraduate and graduate health & science programs offered at OHSU.
Admission officers, faculty, and other key staff will be available to discuss the application process, short and long term planning, curriculum, and desired skills for a competitive candidate.