Incident, Exposure, condition and Claim Reporting
OVERVIEWThe Oregon Health & Science University workers' compensation team provides information and assistance to employees, supervisors, students and volunteers relating to incidents, injuries, exposures and conditions. SAIF Corporation is the workers' compensation carrier for all OHSU employees and registered volunteers who have a work related injury or condition that requires medical treatment. The Workers' Compensation Team of the Risk Management Department is here to:
- Assist employees, volunteers and their supervisors and managers with reporting work related incidents, injuries exposures and conditions
- Assist managers and supervisors with issues or concerns involving work related incidents and claims
- Facilitate transitional duty placement for employees with an open claim
- Serve as a liaison between OHSU, SAIF and the employee's department
- Provide assistance with timekeeping questions related to work injuries
In the event you need assistance with the Worker & Student Injury Reporting System (WSIRS) or would like to request accommodation relating to use of WSIRS, please contact the Risk Management Department at 503-494-7189.
For additional information regarding Workers' Compensation, please visit:
Resources for a Healthy Body and Mind
- OHSU's March Wellness and Fitness Center addresses many dimensions of wellness - physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, financial, social and creative.
- OHSU's Employee Wellness Program encourages all employees to taken an active role in their health and well being. Employee wellness programs provide opportunities to engage in specific activities, either individually or with coworkers, that contribute to improvised wellbeing and a healthier lifestyle. Various incentives are available to benefits eligible employees depending on the program. These programs include Healthy TEAM HealthyU and Healthy Steps.
- Wellness locations are available throughout the OHSU campus. Spending time in nature is not only good for your mental and physical well being, but it also provides a way to escape the stress and anxiety of everyday life. OHSU Marquam Hill Campus contains some of the most beautiful and serene surroundings found in the Portland Metro areas.
- Counseling Services through the Employee Assistance Program are available through ODS at no charge for three face-to-face counseling sessions, a 24-hour crisis line, legal consultations, financial coaching, child and elder care resource retrieval services and a home ownership program. To speak to a counselor on the phone or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-826-9231.
- For more helpful advice on how to minimize life and work disruption due to your work related injury or illness, click here.