Crime Reporting

To Report a Crime

All criminal incidents, accidents and other emergencies at OHSU should be reported as soon as possible to the Department of Public Safety. Prompt reporting aids our law enforcement officers in the investigation and apprehension of perpetrators and ensures resources are placed where they are most needed.  

Incidents can be reported by coming to Public Safety's main office or calling 503 494-7744 (campus non-emergency) or 503 494-4444 (campus emergency) or 911 (off campus emergency). These phone numbers are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be sure to save them on your mobile phone.

Emergency phones have been placed throughout the campuses for your use. If you're unable to speak, simply push the button and an officer will be dispatched to your location.

In a Potentially Violent Situation

If you need emergency assistance, but fear for your safety if you say that, call the emergency number and say, "I need Dr. Strong" and state your location. This will initiate an immediate response.

Sex Offense Reporting

OHSU prohibits the offenses of sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking which are crimes under the federal Clery Act and Oregon State Statutes. If you are the victim of a sex offense, it is imperative that you file a report as soon as possible with the Department of Public Safety or the Portland Police Bureau. Call 503 494-4444 on campus or 911 off campus.

Learn more about consent definitions, coordination of services and sexual assault resources available to students and employees.

In Case of Emergency

For on-campus emergencies, including crimes in progress, call 503 494-4444.