Big Brain System Requirements
Big Brain is designed to run according to the system requirements listed below. If your system does not meet these requirements, you may access the system using an alternate workstation. If your system does meet these requirements, there is still a possibility that you may experience technical glitches. Every workstation is different, and there are thousands of workstations here at OHSU. Optimal performance depends on how your system is configured, what applications are installed on your hard drive, and a host of other factors. If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the OHSU Help Desk at 494-2222.
- Computer: IBM-compatible PC and Apple Macintosh
- Processor: Pentium or compatible, 300 MHz or better
- Memory: 128 MB RAM minimum
- Display: Monitor (800x600 resolution or higher, 16-bit color)
- Peripherals: Keyboard, Mouse, Network Interface Card, Sound Card (optional), Headphones (optional), Speakers (optional). If you don’t have sound capabilities, you can take a “text only” or "cc" version of a course.
- Connection: Internet or internal network.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000 or Mac OS X (v.10.4.x)
- Web Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above (PC) or Safari 2.0.x or above (Mac)
- Browser Plug-ins: Macromedia Flash Player 6