OHSU requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to reduce employee exposure to hazards when eliminating or controlling the hazards are not feasible or effective. Departments are required to determine all exposure to hazards in the workplace and determine if PPE should be used to protect their workers.
Environmental Health & Radiation Safety can provide technical guidance in assessing hazards and recommending PPE.
Contact Central Campus at 503-494-7795; for West Campus, call 503-690-5390.
PPE available at OHSU includes, but is not limited to items that protect your:
- Eyes: many different sizes and styles of eye protection are available.
- Face: use solid and screened face shields.
- Hands: glove selection charts can ensure proper fit and protection.
- Head: use where overhead hazards exist.
- Hearing: provides protection from workplace noise.
- Respiratory System: includes loose- and tight-fitting respirators and dust masks.