Join a Nexus online meeting from a personal computer
PHI may be shared through Nexus. However, please remember that HIPAA regulations allow only the sharing of the minimum necessary PHI with an authorized individual(s) for purposes of treatment or healthcare operations.
Before you start
- Your device must have an active Internet connection.
- If you are using an external webcam, it must be connected to the computer.
- It is strongly recommended that users wear headsets when connecting from their computer or mobile device.
Connect with Chrome and other browsers
- Click the web link received in the invite
- Type your name how you want it to appear in the list of participants and click Join Call.
- If connecting with a browser besides Chrome, you'll be prompted to Download App. Follow the instructions for your browser and install Cisco Meeting Client.
- If Cisco Meeting Client is already installed, click Join Call in App (you may have to click Allow to open the meeting space).
Check your camera and microphone settings
Verify that the correct camera and audio settings are active by clicking the "gear" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the app. Often when participants have multiple devices connected to their computer (dock webcam vs. built-in webcam or built-in mic vs. USB headset), the correct device may need to be selected.
Everything is working correctly when you can view the image from your web cam, see the audio meter move from speaking in to your microphone and hear a chirp sound when pressing the music note button.