Awards and Recognition for Oregon and Portland
- "Money Magazine" rated Portland the "Most livable city in America 2000"
- "American Style" magazine has named Portland the No. 13 arts destination in the country.
- "Reader's Digest" recently voted Portland the cleanest city in the country.
- Portland is home to Powell's City of Books: Recognized as the largest new-and-used bookstore in the world.
- "Travel and Leisure" magazine puts Portland at the No. 5 spot to live in the country.
- "Outside" magazine voted Portland one of the "10 Greatest Places to Live."
- "Bicycling" magazine voted Portland No. 1 bicycling city in America.
- "Fit" magazine voted Portland "Fit Town, U.S.A."
- Voted by "Walking Magazine" one of America's best walking towns.