Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
To provide employees and their families’ flexibility in health care coverage options, OHSU offers the choice of two medical plans. Prescription and vision coverage are included under each medical plan.
- OHSU PPO is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) through OHSU, with 80 percent paid by the plan after a $250 deductible is met.
- 250 Medical Plan is a Preferred Provider Plan (PPP) through OHSU, with 80 percent paid by the plan after a $500 deductible is met.
OHSU’s medical plans offer comprehensive and competitive benefits at an affordable rate with access to the best physicians and hospitals Oregon and the nation have to offer, including the award-winning care we provide at OHSU.
OHSU offers the choice between three dental plans.
- ODS, which pays for services at any licensed dentist.
- Kaiser Permanente, which pays for services at Kaiser dental offices.
- Willamette Dental, which pays for services received at Willamette dental offices.
OHSU’s dental choices allow employees the best plan for their dental needs without having to change dentists and to get the best services available for routine care to adult orthodontia.
LIFE AND ACCIDENTAL DEATH INSURANCE
Core life insurance coverage of $25,000 is provided at no cost for every benefit-eligible employee at OHSU. Up to $50,000 is guaranteed at initial enrollment for the employee and spouse/partner without proof of insurability. Additional coverage beyond $50,000, up to a total of $500,000, is available for employees and their spouse/partner with approval from the insurance company. Dependent life coverage of $4,000 is also available. Accidental death and dismemberment insurance up to $500,000 is available to the employee and a percentage of the selected amount for dependents.