Note: Due to the overwhelming response, we are only accepting English requests at this time.
The CWE Center offers FREE e-learning courses through Rosetta Stone. Develop your command of the English language with Rosetta Stone's proven education style. This resource is only available to AFSCME-represented employees or those who have taken an English Language Learner (ELL) class through the CWE Center. You can access Rosetta Stone in the following way:
Receive your very own Rosetta Stone license for FREE and access the courses from any computer any time! This means you can take the courses whenever you'd like from any computer with an internet connection. The license will allow you unlimited access for a maximum of 3 months.
- Only employees who are AFSCME-represented at the time of license assignment or those who have taken or are enrolled in an English Language Learner class through the CWE Center are eligible.
- Must have a clear job-related purpose to learn a language.
- Licenses are assigned for three months.
- License holders must complete at least one lesson per week. CWE Center staff will verify license usage weekly on Mondays and will repossess licenses from holders who are not meeting this requirement.
- License holders who borrow a headset are responsible for returning it in good condition. If the headset is lost, damaged, or otherwise unfit to be used further by the CWE Center, the borrower will provide compensation to the CWE Center to procure a replacement. The cost of replacement will be determined by the CWE Center at that time.