Applying Lean in the Workplace
In this learn-as-you-go, hands-on workshop, intact-work teams learn how to apply Lean improvement tools and methods on a real process improvement project. With a Performance Improvement Specialist training and coaching along the way, teams will learn how to:
- Define what their desired future state looks like.
- Assess their current state to see opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Brainstorm and test their improvement ideas in the workplace. The ideas that help the team get to their desired state will be implemented.
- Sustain the gains by designing and implementing Daily Management Systems
- The Introduction to Lean class is required as a prerequisite and is available either in an open enrollment or by request class.
- Process should "live" within the requesting department. Department manager should own/control the majority of the process and have the ability to implement changes.
- Manager must attend and support the change.
- A portion of the team must be AFSCME-represented employees.
- Must not overlap or interfere with other Lean/OPEx initiatives at OHSU. The CWE Center PI Specialist can help with the vetting process.
Contact Alison Lord.