Professional Development Reimbursement Program (PDRP)
- All AFSCME-represented employees working 18.5 or more hours per 80-hour pay period are eligible for reimbursement of up to $1,200 per fiscal year for qualified professional-development expenses.
- Funds are distributed on a quarterly basis, subject to approval, based upon the number of applicants and funds available. Due to this, applicants may not receive 100 percent of their reimbursement request.
- The program reimburses employees' out-of-pocket expenses that are documented by a receipt of payment and proof of successful completion (i.e. final grade of "C" or above for classes, or certificate of completion for conferences, seminars, and workshops).
- Credits not eligible for reimbursement by OHSU Employee Tuition Benefit (ETB) program.
- Textbooks required for class.
- Continuing education units (CEUs).
- Professional association conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Courses that lead to a professional or technical certification.
- First time certification/licensing fee or exam.
Amount of AssistanceApplicants may apply for only one reimbursable event per quarter. Only events completed during the submission quarter
may be reimbursed, for a maximum of $300. Once the submission
deadline has passed, events for the prior quarters will not be
reimbursed. Reimbursements are prorated based on funds available and the number of applicants. Maximum award per applicant is
$1,200 per fiscal year, but not guaranteed.
When to Apply
After receipt of documented proof of successful completion (a transcript, grade report, certificate, or other documentation) submit an application. Quarterly deadlines are below.
|Quarter||Application Deadline||Disbursements Issued|
|July 1 - Sept. 30 (Summer)||Oct. 31||Nov. 15|
|Oct. 1 - Dec. 31 (Fall)||Jan. 31||Feb. 15|
|Jan.1 - March 31 (Winter)||April 30||May 15|
|April 1 - June 30 (Spring)||July 31||Aug. 15|
Applicants may apply for only one reimbursable event per quarter for a maximum of $300. Only events completed during the submission quarter may be reimbursed. Once submission deadline has passed, receipts for the prior quarter will not be reimbursed.
A network login and an OHSU email address are required for this application form. If you do not know your network login/password, please call the ITG Help Desk at 494-2222. If you need either type of account, please ask your manager to go to the ITG User Accounts page and select "Create a new account". Accounts typically take 3-5 business days to be created.PDRP Request Form
- Undergraduate and graduate programs
- RN to BS and Graduate RN Programs