Workplace English is for anyone who finds it hard to 'find the right words' when communicating informally in the workplace. Participants will learn survival English in common social situations and strategies for connecting with native-English speakers. This is an eight-part series that meets once per week for eight weeks.
- Using appropriate expressions in common social situations
- Having vocabulary to speak about a range of topics
- Using accurate grammar to get your message across
- Being able to listen to fast speech and understand a variety of accents
- Having effective conversations to build mutual understanding
- Social etiquette and being sensitive when communicating with different cultures