The following guidelines apply:
1. AFSCME-represented employees who work more than 18.5 hours in each 80 hour pay period are eligible for the Professional Development Reimbursement Program (PDRP).
2. The program reimburses the applicant's out-of-pocket expenses documented by a receipt of payment AND proof of successful completion. For example, proof of attained certification/licensure, final grade of "C" or above for classes, or certificate of completion for conferences, seminars, and workshops.
3. Applicants may apply for only one reimbursable event per quarter, for up to $300 maximum
3.1. Only events completed during submission quarter may be reimbursed. Once the submission deadline has passed, receipts for prior quarters will not be reimbursed.
3.2. Reimbursements are pro-rated based on funds available and the number of applicants.
3.3. Applicant must be a current OHSU employee when disbursements are issued in order to receive payment.
3.4. The maximum amount awarded per applicant per fiscal year is $1,200.00, but not guaranteed (disbursements issued July 1 – June 30).
4. Eligible programs and expenses:
4.1. Eligible class for credit (see Policy 5.6 – 5.9 below).
4.2. Courses that lead to professional or technical certification.
4.3. Professional conferences, workshops and seminars.
4.4. Books required for class, conference, workshop or seminar.
4.5. Registration fees.
4.6. Conference/seminar registration fees.
4.7. Continuing education units (CEUs).
4.8. First Time Certification/Licensing fees or exam.
5. Expenses that are NOT eligible:
5.1. Travel to or from program location (mileage/gas, parking, airfare, etc.).
5.2. Lodging or meal expenses.
5.3. Costs of entrance examinations (SAT, GMAT, GRE, etc.).
5.4. Association membership fees.
5.5. Renewal of certifications necessary to maintain employment.
5.6. Fees (technology fees, lab fees, student activity fees, late fees, parking fees, application fees, matriculation fees, etc.).
5.7. Classes taken for credit at an Oregon University System (OUS) institution are not eligible for reimbursement if they can be partially or wholly subsidized through the OHSU Employee Tuition Benefit (ETB) program. For all OUS institution classes, including certain OHSU programs, Portland State University (PSU), Portland Community College (PCC), Mount Hood Community College (MHCC) and Clackamas Community College (CCC).
5.8. If employed 0.75 FTE or greater, must use the OHSU ETB program for the first 8 credits. Credits taken beyond 8 are eligible for PDRP reimbursement.
5.9. If employed between 0.5 and 0.74 FTE must use the OHSU ETB program for the first 4 credits. For additional reimbursement credits 5-12, use the Professional Development Reimbursement Program. Credits taken beyond 4 are eligible for PDRP reimbursement.
5.10. Any classes for credit taken outside of any OUS institutions (University of Phoenix, Clark College, Lewis and Clark, Warner Pacific, etc.) are eligible expenses (See Policy 4.1 – 4.2 above) are entitled to reimbursement through the PDRP.
6. Grants, scholarships, OHSU ETB and department contributions which the applicant does not need to repay will not be reimbursed in this program. Applicants must disclose all funds received from other sources that do not need to be repaid.
7. Failure to adhere to the above stated policies could result in loss of PDRP privileges.