For Those Seeking A Conflict Coach
Conflict Coaches certified through the CWE Center
Program OverviewThe Conflict Coaching Program can help you increase your skills and confidence in managing interpersonal conflicts at work. A trained conflict coach will meet with you one-on-one and help you identify actions to take to most effectively address a work-related conflict. You will receive up to 3 hours of coaching during which time you will problem solve and develop an action plan to address your situation.
Reasons why you might want to seek out a conflict coach:
- Identify how to talk with a co-worker about a matter before going to your boss about it
- Problem solve how to stop avoiding difficult conversations
- Figure out why you reacted so strongly in a situation that resulted in a conflict
- See how you can stop ongoing tension you are experiencing related to a specific situation with a co-worker
- Mend a relationship that is having a negative impact on your work
- Explore whether or not to let a disagreement or argument pass, or to address it
What the Conflict Coaching Program is:
- Assistance for addressing the early stages of conflict
- A resource to learn how to be proactive about resolving your own conflict
- Intended to increase your knowledge, skills and abilities to engage in conflict more effectively
What the Conflict Coaching Program is not:
- A resource for group conflicts
- Mediation between two people
- Crisis, employee relations or labor-relations intervention
- Intended for disciplinary or corrective action
Coaching vs. Mediation
Conflict coaching differs from mediation by involving only the coach and the individual who wants to explore how he/she can work through a conflict. Mediation involves a third party (the mediator) who facilitates a discussion between two people who are in a conflict.
For mediation services, contact BridgeBuilders at 503 239-9858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk to a coach
What participants are saying:
"In my 11 years working for OHSU, I have never until now received the kind of problem-solving support which I received from the conflict coaching one-on-one encounter. It was a powerfully effective tool I will use for my career… I no longer take my job [stress] home with me!"