For Prospective Conflict Coaches
Being a conflict coach is not for everyone.The CWE Center Conflict Coaching Certificate Program aims to identify those who have a natural ability to provide insight, learning and empowerment to a coachee in an unbiased, supportive and trusting environment. Coaching requires good judgment and strong listening and communication skills.
The CWE Center Conflict Coaching Certificate Program provides the skills training and practice that will complement existing abilities to enable an employee to provide credible and effective coaching to other OHSU employees. The certification program is held once a year with a class size of 18 participants. Certification is achieved after successful completion of the entire program and final exams.
Time needed to attend the program and serve as a coach must be coordinated with your supervisor/manager if occurring during regular work time. The program is open to non-managers and managers. Program elements include:
- Program kick-off and orientation
- Classroom training
- Celebration/Certification event
- Support from an experienced conflict coach and certified mediator
- Opportunity to coach up to 4-hours per month
- Continual education
To qualify for the program you:
- Must be an OHSU employee in good standing
- Must be able to attend the program in its entirety
- Must be willing to attend continual coaching education upon completion of the program
- Must be able to demonstrate an aptitude for coaching during the application process and/or from past experience
- Must have support from manager to participate in the program and serve as an OHSU conflict coach
The application due date for this year's program has expired.