- One-on-one career counseling is a benefit available to AFSCME-represented employees.
- Unclassified non-management employees are welcome to participate in career development classes.
Possible topics include:
- Career self-assessment
- Strategic career design, decision making and goal setting
- Continuing education planning
- Navigating change and work/life transition issues
- Networking: developing relations and exploring new career options
- Job search support: resume/coverletter critique, or interview practice
- Overcoming barriers to career advancement
What partcipants are saying:
- "I was promoted and found a job that matches my skills and career goals."
- “I am so thankful that OHSU offers this program and recognizes the importance of providing career counseling for employees. It demonstrates the value OHSU places on helping employees grow and develop our skills and education.”