Professional, one-on-one career counseling and coaching is available to help AFSCME-represented employees be more successful in their current position or move to the next level in their careers at OHSU. Results-oriented career counseling and coaching provides an individualized opportunity to assess personal strengths, identify satisfying career options, and develop an action plan with specific steps to facilitate development. Participation in counseling is confidential, in accordance with standard legal and ethical practices for professional counseling.
- One-on-one career counseling is a benefit available to AFSCME-represented employees.
- Unclassified non-management employees are welcome to participate in career development classes.
Possible topics include:
- Career self-assessment
- Work/Life transition issues
- Networking: Exploring new career options
- Continuing education planning
- Strategic planning, decision making and goal setting
- Resume writing and cover letters
- Interviewing techniques
- Job search strategies
- Job success skills
- Overcoming barriers to career advancement