Free Money for SNAP Users
Nutrition Incentive Program
New special benefits for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - formerly known as Food Stamps), WIC (Women, Infants and Children) & FDNP (Farm Direct Nutrition Program) participants. For every dollar purchased in SNAP tokens, we will match dollar for dollar, up to $5 each day per SNAP card, for FREE! You can also get dollar for dollar matching up to $5 per day.. for a WIC or Senior Voucher presented at the Info booth. Please feel free to print and hang our Double Your Dollars Poster as a reminder to claim your free money!
This year, New Seasons Market has awarded OHSU a special grant to help fund the Nutrition Incentive Program. Thank you New Seasons!
How do you get free money?
- Go to the Info Booth at the OHSU Farmers Market.
- Swipe your SNAP card for any amount. There is no minimum and no charge. If you have a voucher, you will need to present ID that matches the name on the voucher.. and we will stamp it with a smiley face to make sure we know it has been used for matching at our market.
- You will receive the amount requested in RED $1 tokens with a smiley face on it.
- For every dollar purchased in SNAP tokens, we will match dollar for dollar, up to $5 each day per SNAP card, for FREE or you we will match one of each type of voucher (one WIC Veggie Voucher AND one WIC FDNP AND one Senior FDNP) dollar for dollar up to the total amount of the the voucher or $5, whichever is less. Depending on funds, we may need to limit our matches to one federal benefit at some point, but we will start by matching each one at the beginning of the market!
- Use these $1 tokens with any vendor who sells food intended to be eaten at home, or seeds and plants intended to grow food.
- We hope this program ensures accessibility of the healthiest food to all income levels.
- *NO CHANGE given when items purchased with $1 tokens.
This program is available at several farmers markets around Portland. When you visit a market, ask the info booth when you arrive if they have a Nutrition Incentive program!
To sign up for SNAP, call 800 SAFE-NET