Free Money for SNAP Users
Nutrition Incentive Program
New special benefits for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - formerly known as Food Stamps) participants. For every dollar purchased in SNAP tokens, we will match dollar for dollar, up to $5 each day per SNAP card, for FREE!
This year, New Seasons Market has awarded OHSU a special grant to help fund the Nutrition Incentive Program. Thank you New Seasons!
How do you get free money?
- Go to the Info Booth at the OHSU Farmers Market.
- Swipe your SNAP card for any amount. There is no minimum and no charge.
- You will receive the amount requested in RED $1 tokens with a smiley face on it.
- For every dollar purchased in SNAP tokens, we will match dollar for dollar, up to $5 each day per SNAP card, for FREE!
- Use these $1 tokens with any vendor who sells food intended to be eaten at home, or seeds and plants intended to grow food.
- We hope this program ensures accessibility of the healthiest food to all income levels.
- *NO CHANGE given when items purchased with $1 tokens.
This program is available at several farmers markets around Portland. When you visit a market, ask the info booth when you arrive if they have a Nutrition Incentive program!
To sign up for SNAP, call 800 SAFE-NET