Federal Assistance: WIC, SNAP, Farm Direct Programs
SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Formerly known as Food Stamps.
- Use Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card/Oregon Trail card to purchase $1 (RED) tokens at the info booth at the Farmers Market.
- Eligible Purchases: Food intended to be eaten at home or seeds & plants intended to grow food. "Ready to Eat" Foods not eligible.
- To sign up for SNAP, call 1 800 SAFE-NET or visit their website.
- Dollar for dollar matching up to $5 when EBT cards used. This year's grant funded by New Seasons Market Farm Preservation Grants. Same eligible products as $1 tokens.
Women-Infants-Children (WIC) Farm Direct Nutrition Program
- Use WIC vouchers to purchase produce.
- Any farmer selling produce at the OHSU Farmers Market is signed up to accept these vouchers.
Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program
- Use Vouchers to purchase produce.
- All farmers selling produce are signed up to accept these vouchers.
WIC Fruit & Veggie Program
- Use vouchers to purchase approved produce (see program rules).
- All vendors selling produce are signed up to take these vouchers.