Food & Nutrition Links
OHSU Food & Nutrition Department's Sustainability Actions
OHSU Food and Nutrition works diligently to increase its sustainable purchasing each year.
Some highlights of our efforts are:
- Grass-Fed and Finished Beef: Food Alliance Certified Carmen Ranch, in Wallowa, Oregon, supplies OHSU with approximately 50% of its beef, as of 2011.
- 100% of our milk and 60% of all Dairy is rBGH-free
- All beef stock is homemade from the bones of Carmen Ranch's Grass-Fed & Finished beef
- All lamb is Grass-Fed from Sudan Lamb, in Canby Oregon
- We purchase approximately $200,000 in local produce each year.
For detailed information on sustainable food systems and how OHSU has helped to build the infrastructure to support these systems, we developed a YouTube.