Budget Payroll How Do I...?
Additional Budget topics:General Ledger Budget
The employee's home org is outside of your current security. You may be able to adjust the Labor Distribution for this employee, but you will not be able to adjust his salary or hourly rate. Contact the employee's home org department to discuss questions or plans for salary or FTE changes.
Check these three steps when reviewing a new employee:
1. On the Edit New Employees page, review the new position details to ensure ALL yellow highlighted cells have been entered with the correct data. To adjust this position, use the Edit New Employee page instead of Edit Employee Details.
2. On the Edit New Employees page, review the Labor Distribution (LD) under View/Edit Existing LD Details. If there is nothing on this line, add new LD for this employee by typing in the FOMPPL and clicking the Add New LD button. Rubix will validate the new FOMPPL string to ensure it is valid. Once the new LD has been added update the LD for each applicable month; not to exceed 1.0 for any month. LD should begin the same month as the start date.
3. Open the Payroll Summary or Add Other Payments form and click the Refresh icon, which will update any changes made.
The budget system uses the formula, Salary * FTE * LD. If FTE or LD is less than 1, the salary paid for the budgeted period will be less. If the employee is not paid for each month during the year, depending on their start date, then the LD will not equal 1. For example, if the employee starts in January, the maximum LD for the year is .5 (Jan-June.)
These types of payments are considered Other Payments and can be added on the Add Other Payments form. One-Time/Non-Recurring is the default option. Click the chevron to change the other pay type. Additional Other Payment types include Shift Differential, On Call, Other Clinical Compensation, Retro Pay, Call Coverage Pay, Group Incentive Bonus, Other Professional Income, and Severance Pay.
Enter valid FOMPPL segments for the one-time payment and click the Validate FOMPPL button. Enter the amount of the payment in the month you wish to budget.
The system will calculate OPE for this payment according to the employee's regular pay LD. If you require a different FOMPPL for both the payment and OPE you will need to create a new position and assign the LD accordingly and add the one-time payment.
This is system default formatting; it means zero (0.)
Q: How do I type 3.5% or another half percent into the % Increase field on the Payroll Summary form?
Use the number and period keys on the main part of your keyboard. Due to a known system conflict the 10 key pad does not work.
One way to find an employee is by looking at the Payroll Summary form. You can also find an employee on the Edit Employee Details form by clicking the Employee chevron and opening the Subset Editor in a new window. The Subset Editor contains the list of employees you have access to budget. At the top of the Subset Editor is a binocular icon. Click the icon and type the employee's name. The Subset Editor will return employees that match the name provided.
Adjustments can be made on the Edit Employee Details form. Simply select Make Changes Below, select the change type (e.g., Hourly Rate, OPE, etc.,) and enter the correct amount in the cells highlighted yellow.
Follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Add New Employee form and select the correct job class and start date. Now, click the Add New Employee button to open the Edit New Employee form.
2. On the Edit New Employees form, review the new position details to ensure ALL yellow highlighted cells have been populated with the correct data. Use the Edit New Employee form to adjust a position.
3. While on the Edit New Employees form, View/Edit Existing LD Details to review the Labor Distribution (LD) is correct. If the line is blank, add new LD for the employee by typing in the FOMPPL and clicking the Add New LD button. Rubix will validate the new FOMPPL string to ensure it is valid. Once the new LD has been added, update the LD for each applicable month; not to exceed 1.0 for any month. LD should begin the same month as the start date.
4. Open the Payroll Summary or the Add Other Payments form and click the Refresh icon. Doing so will update any changes you made.
Zero out the employee's LD on the Edit Employee Details form.
OPE will automatically calculate for one-time payments according to the employee's regular pay LD. If you require a different FOMOPPL for both the payment and OPE, create a new position and assign the LD accordingly, then add your one-time payment.
Contact your budget analyst with the list of employees you would like to see. Your analyst will contact the Home Org department with your request and upon approval set up the appropriate system access and notify you.
Budgeting grants is not required in Rubix; therefore grant funded LD is not in Rubix. To view the complete picture of a grant funded employee's funding, you may add the restricted LD.
Yes. Once you're in the dropdown/subset editor, click the dropdown box found in the upper right hand corner of the pop-up menu above the subset and choose the sort option that best fits your needs.