OHSU Space Committee
The OHSU Space Committee is the designated forum for hearing and resolving space requests and disputes. In this capacity, the committee works closely with the Executive Vice President for Administration who has executive-level responsibility for campus planning, space planning and facilities construction and operations.
The OHSU Space Committee shall:
- Review space requests for both owned and leased space and make space assignment decisions in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Executive Vice President for Administration
- Oversee the processing and tracking of active space allocation requests
- Develop and implement procedures and criteria for allocating space in accordance with the Space Allocation Principles, subject to other organizational policies
- Review capital projects related to space allocation decisions and prepare the annual capital request for space projects.
- Review and recommend for adoption by the Executive Vice President for Administration space standards and design guidelines that have been developed by CPDRE and FRE
- Develop and recommend space performance measures for approval by the Executive Vice President for Administration
- Periodically review and approve existing space assignments to assess utilization performance and to ensure alignment with institutional needs and priorities. This may include re-assignment of under-utilized space
- Review assumptions and provide recommendations to the Executive Vice President for Administration and the Chief Financial Officer related to the space component of the Overhead Cost Allocation (OCA)
The Space Committee is comprised of members appointed by the President of the University. The Space Committee includes executive-level leadership or their senior designees from all mission areas of the institution, as follows:
- Dean of the School of Medicine
- Vice President of Research
- Director of the Hospital and Clinics
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Associate Vice President for Facilities & Logistics
- Associate Vice President for Campus Planning, Development and Real Estate
The committee appoints a chairperson annually. The responsibility of the chairperson is to approve the committee agenda and facilitate the meetings.
The full committee meets at least once per month for an amount of time to be determined by the committee. An executive committee consisting of the Provost, Vice President for Research, Dean of the School of Medicine (or senior designees) and the Director of CPDRE also meets at least once per month during the period between full committee meetings for an amount of time to be determined by the subcommittee.
Staff support will be provided by the Departments of CPDRE and FRE Project Management and other staff as required. Staff will receive and monitor space requests, prepare analyses and provide recommendations to the Space Committee.