Ambulatory Student Checklist
Please carefully read the below information as it lists all the required forms and processes you must review and/or fill out prior to the start of your clinical experience at OHSU. If you have any questions or concerns about the process or forms, please contact the OHSU Placement Coordinator at 503 494-3698. We recommend you print the check list to assist you in the student clinical placement process.
Before your clinical placement start date
Make sure your faculty has registered you for the in-class EpicCare training based on your clinical placement and ensure that they are scheduled to be completed before you start your clinical assignment.
- Obtain your Background Check / Drug Screening verification on school letterhead. Check with your school for any questions.
- Nursing Student Daily Goal card filled out each time they are on the clinical site. This form lists the daily or weekly goal(s) for the individual student and must be shared with the preceptor.
- Review the OHSU Emergency Codes.
- Ensure your regional nursing network clinical passport is current. You must bring it with you when you are on the unit.
Before attending your EpicCare Training
- Authenticate your Network ID through Citrix - You will need to do this in order to review the Omnicell modules and you will use this for logging into Epic. Your Network ID can be found on the Student access Spreadsheet that will be sent to you by Melanie Blehm.
- Create your password in Compass - it is recommended that you use the same password for Compass that you created in Citrix.
For help with steps 1 & 2, please refer to the OHSU Access Information Quick Start Guide. **You will need to authenticate and create your password in both Citrix and Compass before you can complete the following on-line modules and attend the in-class training.
On-Line Modules - must be completed before attending training
Internet Explorer is the preferred browser to use when reviewing the below modules.
Complete and print the Certificates of Completion for the Big Brain Modules
These trainings require sound - make sure you have speakers / headphones.
- Respect at the University
- HIPAA-Privacy and You
- Integrity Booster
Review: The Automated Cabinet Dispenser (ADC) - Omnicell on-line training
When you click the link, you will be prompted to log in with your Network ID and password.
- Patient Care in a Profiled Environment (ADC) - Omnicell
Print the Certification of Completion for your file. These trainings require sound. Make sure you have speakers / headphones.
- Medication Policies Automated Dispensing Cabinet (ADC)
Complete modules and assessments
These have been pre-assigned to you.
- Log into Compass
- Click the Transcript Icon on the home page
- Open the EpicCare for Visiting Nursing Students Curriculum and complete the three modules listed under the prerequisite online module section by clicking on the Launch or Launch test link.
- CBG InPt - Glucometer Test
- EpicCare Fundamentals for Inpatient Staff
- Automated Dispensing Cabinet Assessment
**It is best to use Safari (for Mac's) and Internet explorer (for PC's).
***Mac users - when directed to hit the "END" key on your keyboard in the Fundamentals module, you will need to hit the "FN" and the right arrow key at the same time to have the module progress to the next section.
Complete and collect these forms to obtain your ID Badge and take the forms to the OHSU Parking Office, which is located at 3310 SW Veterans Hospital Road.
- Access & ID card Form: You will need to obtain a copy of this from Melanie Blehm in Sam Jackson Hall, Room 3255. Please contact her to schedule a time to do so
- Background check / Drug screening verification on school letterhead
- Respect at the University Certificate of Completion
- HIPAA-Privacy and You Certificate of Completion
- Integrity Booster Certificate of Completion
- Government-issued photo identification
- $25.00 to pay for ID badge
- Contact OHSU Parking at 503 418-9949 or firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on where to buy a parking pass and park. Parking on the Marquam Hill campus is limited and closely monitored. DO NOT park in visitor parking areas - the fine is high!
- Please be sure to allow enough time on the day of your training to get a parking permit, park and find the training location. If you are more than 10 minutes late you will not be allowed into the training.
- For more information, go to OHSU Transportation & Parking.
To learn more about the required in-class Epic Training that your school coordinator has registered you for, please review the section under Inpatient/PACU Student Nurse on the About Epic Training page.
Please come dressed comfortably, but professionally for the in-class training.
Your EpicCare access will be granted approximately 48-72 business hours after completion of ALL EpicCare training. If, after this time has passed and you still do not have access, please contact Melanie Blehm.
Your Omnicell access will not be requested until after you have completed both modules, as well as the exam in Compass. Once your access has been granted, you will receive an e-mail that will include your user name and it will direct you to an attestation where you will be asked if you have completed the modules. Select yes, and then within 24 hours you will have access.
**Please note: If you are trying to 'sign' your attestation on a unit with others from your school, you will need to close the browser before the next person can sign the attestation. A new browser window needs to be opened for each user; otherwise, you will not be able to move to the attestation question.
Tips to help you when you first log into Omnicell
- A current user MUST log in first to register a new user at the cabinet
- The Arrow key MUST be pressed and held to form an uppercase character
- You must press the FINISH key after you register a fingerprint. If not, the fingerprint will NOT be saved.
- Once you are finished fingerprinting and you press Finish, Exit and sign back in with your user ID and fingerprint to validate all has been saved.
Omnicell questions can be directed to Pharmacy Omnicell at email@example.com or 503 494-9809.