Frequently Asked Questions
Can I access Big Brain from home?
Yes (see instructions on the OHSU Access Information Quick Start Guide)
Who needs to sign my OHSU ID Badge form?
Bonnie Cox will need to sign these form. Contact Melanie Blehm (Blehm@ohsu.edu) for the form.
What if I was already placed at OHSU? Do I still need to complete the training again?
- HIPAA, Respect at the University, and confidentiality paperwork are done only once.
- Epic training will need to be completed again ONLY if you have been away from Epic at OHSU for 12 months or longer.
- Glucometer training must be completed annually.
- Omnicell will need to be requested each term you are at OHSU.
I'm an OHSU employee. What do I need to do as a "Student"?
- You can not be a student on the same unit where you are an employee, be sure to be placed on a different unit
- If you are currently an OHSU employee, you will not need to get an additional badge. Please contact Melanie Blehm for additional information.
- If you are current on your glucometer competency you can use your OHSU access code as usual.
- You may use your OHSU employee Omnicell access as a student.
What should I do if I miss my glucometer class?
Contact Melanie Blehm for help with rescheduling this training. If you show up more than 10 minutes ate to glucometer class, you will be asked to reschedule due to time constraints.
What should I do if I miss my Epic class?
Contact Melanie Blehm to reschedule. If you show up more than 10 minutes late, you may be required to take the full nursing training at OHSU. This will often lead to an additional 16 hours of training.
I'm coming to OHSU from out-of-state, am a re-entry student, or a graduate student. Do I follow this same process?
No, please contact Bonnie Cox for guidance. Though many of the checklist requirements will apply to you, the process will differ a bit.
I forgot my badge! Can I still come to my clinical site?
No, you may not come to your clinical site without your ID Badge. You may go to Parking to get a temporary badge that will suffice for the day.
How do I get my account IDs or passwords?
Contact your faculty. Typically, weeks before you have arrived to OHSU, your account access was requested and routed back to your school coordinator/faculty.
I'm having trouble logging in to Epic, Omnicell or Glucometer. Who do I contact?
Contact Melanie Blehm first for assistance. She will help verify that you have the correct info and then can triage your request if needed.
Where can I find directions/map of campus?
Where should I park?
Contact the OSHU Parking office at 503 418-9949 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I eat on campus?
Where are the classrooms for my training at OHSU?