Fact Sheet - OHSU Tuition Promise
Media inquiries may be directed to OHSU's office of Strategic Communications, at 503 494-8231.
How it Works
Students enrolled in eligible degree programs during the 2013-14 academic year will have the tuition in effect for their program “locked in” for the duration of their course of study towards their degree. A student receiving the OHSU Tuition Promise will not have any increases in their tuition - whether newly enrolled in the 2013-14 academic year or just continuing studies – provided they complete their degree within the timeframe specified by their degree program. All eligible students will automatically receive the benefits of the OHSU Tuition Promise.
The continuation of the OHSU Tuition Promise for new students enrolling in subsequent years is subject to review based upon the financial goals of the University. Tuition for new students will be subject to increase each year, but tuition for students eligible for the OHSU Tuition Promise will be locked in at the rate in effect as of the 2013-14 academic year.
Benefits for Students
- Fixed tuition results in greater predictability of expenses
- Tuition savings results in reduced debt load upon graduation
- Shields students from uncertainties in state funding
To be eligible for the OHSU Tuition Promise, the student must be enrolled during the 2013-14 academic year at any campus of Oregon Health & Science University in one of the following degree programs:
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Master of Clinical Dietetics
- Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition
- Post-Bachelor DNP or Master of Nursing in*:
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Midwifery
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy
- 3-Year OCNE Bachelor of Science in Nursing (excluding RN/BS)
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
*Eligible students that entered as a master to DNP or a post-baccalaureate DNP student and directly progress into the post-master DNP will retain the OHSU Tuition Promise rate.
Programs not listed above, as well as joint degree programs with Oregon State University (OSU), Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT) and Portland State University (PSU) are not eligible.
Students retain eligibility for the OHSU Tuition Promise provided they complete their degree within the timeframe specified by their degree program.