Historical exhibit celebrates OHSU’s 125th ‘quasquicentennial’ anniversary
03/14/13 Portland, Ore.
Since its beginning in October 1887 as the University of Oregon Medical Department, Oregon Health & Science University has evolved into a multi-faceted institution: an academic health center, a nationally prominent research center and a resource for Oregonians’ health.
“OHSU: 125 years of Healing, Teaching and Discovery,” opened today at the Oregon Historical Society, exploring the histories of OHSU’s campuses and educational, clinical and research programs. This exhibit, which begins to tell some of the many stories of OHSU’s complex history, is a part of OHSU’s quasquicentennial—or 125th anniversary—celebration.
Historic photographs and artifacts will illuminate the many inventions and innovations that have emerged from OHSU faculty, alumni and staff that have shaped health care delivery in Oregon and beyond.
The exhibit is free to Multnomah County residents (with proof of residency) and Oregon Historical Society members.
Exhibit opens to the public on Thursday, March 14 and will remain open through July 8, 2013
Oregon Historical Society1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97205
More information about the exhibit, as well as exhibit hours, can be found on the Oregon Historical Society website.
Oregon Health & Science University is the state's only academic health and research university. As Portland's largest employer with nearly 14,000 employees, OHSU's size contributes to its ability to provide many services and community support not found anywhere else in the state. OHSU serves patients from every corner of Oregon and is a conduit for learning for more than 4,300 students and trainees. OHSU is the source of more than 200 community outreach programs that bring health and education services to each county in the state.