OHSU Foundation Board of Trustees Announces New Members
01/28/13 Portland, Ore.
The Oregon Health & Science University Foundation today announced the appointment of five new members of the foundation’s board of trustees.
At the board’s December 2012 meeting, the following individuals were elected to serve on the board:
- Don R. Kania, Ph.D., president and CEO of FEI Company, a leading global supplier of electron microscopes and focused ion beam equipment
- Mary E. Lago, C.T.F.A., vice president of wealth management and advisory services at Washington Trust Bank in Portland
- Eric E. Parsons, former chairman of StanCorp Financial Group and Standard Insurance board
- Barbara A. Silver, a local philanthropist and trustee of the Silver Family Foundation in Darien, Connecticut
- Eugene C. Skourtes, D.M.D., founder and president of Willamette Dental Group, a large privately held group dental practice headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon
Oregon Health & Science University is the state’s only academic health and research university. As Portland's largest employer with nearly 14,000 employees, OHSU's size contributes to its ability to provide many services and community support not found anywhere else in the state. OHSU serves patients from every corner of Oregon and is a conduit for learning for more than 4,300 students and trainees. OHSU is the source of more than 200 community outreach programs that bring health and education services to each county in the state.