OHSU Casey Eye Institute’s Popular Macular Degeneration and Low Vision Expo Takes place October 29
10/06/11 Portland, Ore.
The Casey Eye Institute at Oregon Health & Science University is holding its annual macular degeneration and low vision expo.
Doubletree Hotel – Lloyd Center
9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, October 29
The expo is geared towards people suffering vision loss from macular degeneration and other eye conditions. The event is sponsored by Casey’s Macular Degeneration and Vision Rehabilitation centers and includes:
- Featured talk by a vision rehabilitation doctor who unexpectedly lost his own sight
- Exhibits of the latest advancements in vision aids and technology
- A presentation on reading and driving with vision loss
- Presentations about the leading cause of vision loss in aging adults: age-related macular degeneration
- Presentations about how devices such as iPads are providing new solutions to those who suffer from vision loss
The program is free. However, advance registration is requested.
Members of the public can register at www.caseyamd.com or call 503-494-2244.
More information about the program can be found here.
# # #