OHSU Foundation Board of Trustees Announces New Members
02/05/10 Portland, OR
At the board’s Dec. 9, 2009, meeting, the following individuals were formally elected to board terms beginning Jan. 1, 2010:
- R. Sam Connell, Jr., Ph.D., OHSU School of Medicine alumni representative, is vice provost for allied health programs at OHSU.
- Alice B. Davies, a real estate broker with Hasson Company Realtors. Ms. Davies is the incoming chair of OHSU’s Marquam Hill Steering Committee.
- Ann P. Edlen, community volunteer and philanthropist.
- Ruth J. Fisher, CEO of Jim Fisher Motors and president of Jim Fisher Volvo.
- James B. Jeddeloh, an accounting, finance and strategic development consultant with Dynamic Consulting, Inc. Mr. Jeddeloh served as a trustee previously from 2000 to 2008 and is now rejoining the board.
- Tamara L. Lundgren, CEO, president and director of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
- Joseph D. Matarazzo, Ph.D., professor emeritus, OHSU School of Medicine.
Comprising distinguished civic leaders and members of Oregon’s business communities, the board provides governance and oversight of the OHSU Foundation, a nonprofit organization that raises private philanthropic support and manages donated funds on behalf of OHSU. Trustees are responsible for formulating long-range goals, policies and operating procedures for the foundation. Board members may serve a maximum of two consecutive four-year terms before a mandatory one-year hiatus.
The OHSU Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that exists to secure private philanthropic support to advance Oregon Health & Science University’s vital missions, and to invest and manage gifts responsibly to honor donors’ wishes. The foundation raises funds from individuals, companies, foundations and organizations, and invests and manages gifts in accordance with donors’ wishes.