Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the OHSU campuses. This includes the parking garages, stairwells, everywhere on Campus Drive, and the property behind the Information booth on Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Here is how you can help.
If you see someone smoking:
- Stop and respectfully remind them that OHSU is 100% tobacco-free. Most people are willing to put it out.
- Direct them to where they can get a Support Pack to help them manage. (Any OHSU outpatient pharmacy, the information desk on the 9th floor of the hospital, or the third floor hospital cafeteria.)
- Call Public Safety at 4-7444 if there are problems.
If you smoke:
- Be sure to leave the campus on breaks or use nicotine lozenges or gum to manage while you are here.
- Please don't litter. Cigarette butts contain dangerous chemicals and make a mess for others to clean up.
- Visitors smoke where they see you smoke. Take it off campus!
- Avoid smoking across from the Ronald McDonald House. Smoke is blowing back in and causing problems for the families staying there.
- Considering quitting? Call the Employee Tobacco Free program for more information at (503) 346-0027.