Is This Gift Right for You?
A charitable gift annuity works for Oregon Health & Science University supporters who would like to make a gift and receive steady payments in return.
When you arrange a charitable gift annuity, you're allowed an income tax charitable deduction in the year you set up the gift annuity when you itemize on your taxes. The size of your deduction depends on the amount we?re expected to receive some day in the future.
Profile of a Giver
- You want to support Oregon Health & Science University over the long term.
- You desire stable payments that are unaffected by changes in the economy.
- You are nearing retirement and would like to arrange for an extra steady stream of payments to supplement other retirement income, either now or later.
- You are able to part with cash, stocks or other assets today while maintaining and possibly increasing income received from these assets.
- You desire income tax relief this year.
Contact Office of Gift Planning at Toll Free 800-462-6608 or 503-228-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about setting up a charitable gift annuity with OHSU Foundation. We're happy to help, without obligation.
Getting Started | If You Don't Need Extra Income Right Now... | Is This Gift Right for You? | Case Study | How to Complete Your Gift | Action Items