A special opportunity to give to OHSU and Doernbecher Children's Hospital through your IRA has been extended through the end of 2013.
Under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, which was enacted in January 2013, gifts to OHSU from your IRA can:
- Be an easy and convenient way to make a gift from one of your major assets.
- Be excluded from your taxable income.
- Count towards your minimum distribution requirement.
For your IRA gift to qualify for these benefits:
- You must be 70 1/2 or older.
- The transfer must be directly from your IRA to the OHSU Foundation or Doernbecher Children's Hospital Foundation (exception for certain gifts made in January of this year - see below).
- Your total IRA gift(s) cannot exceed $100,000 per year.
Your gift must be outright - nothing of material benefit in exchange for it.
IRA gifts for the remainder of 2013:
- You have until December 31, 2013 to make qualifying contributions for this year.
- For those gifts, advise your IRA administrator to make a direct transfer to the OHSU Foundation or Doernbecher Children's Hospital Foundation.