Fund for the Advancement of Women’s Leadership
Fostering Women Leaders at OHSU Starts with Your Support
What is the Fund for the Advancement of Women’s Leadership
In 2010, a group of senior women faculty in the School of Medicine at OHSU came together to establish—and provided the seed funding to—The Fund for the Advancement of Women’s Leadership. The intent of this group of senior women faculty was to change the culture of OHSU by reducing obstacles that impede the progress of women leaders and to create an environment where men and women share leadership equally.
The initial contributions to the Fund helped to publish the Stories Project which tells the unique advancement stories of five senior women faculty. The Fund also provided major support for the inaugural Advancing Women in Leadership Conference in May 2013.
What will your gift to the Fund for the Advancement of Women’s Leadership do?
- Support an annual Advancing Women in Leadership Conference under the leadership of the School of Medicine’s Women in Academic Medicine Committee. This conference aims to serve faculty, staff and students in their leadership pursuits by providing leadership-specific topics and forums for mentoring and networking.
- Support professional development of junior women faculty through conference support and travel stipends to outside laboratories and institutions for career development.
- Acknowledge outstanding women faculty at OHSU.
- Build the Fund to endowment level enabling donors to provide junior faculty with financial support at pivotal times in their careers, provide executive leadership fellowships and/or establish endowed professorships for women faculty leaders.
Ways to make a gift to the Fund for the Advancement of Women’s Leadership
- Outright gift. Make check out to the OHSU Foundation with the code OHSUWMNAD in the memo line. Learn more.
- Payroll Deduction ($5.00 minimum per pay period required). Fill out the Employee Payroll Form and return it to OHSU Foundation, Annual Giving Department, Campus mail code: L-344.
- Online gift by credit card.
- $50 monthly payroll deduction = $1,200 travel stipend.
- $5,000 pledge (paid over five years) = support up to five women to attend a AAMC leadership conference.
- 50 new donors at $100 annually = $5,000 in support for the second annual Advancing Women in Leadership Conference at OHSU.