OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute
Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women in Oregon and Washington. The OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute offers Oregon's only comprehensive heart program - everything from helping you prevent heart disease to performing heart transplants.
As Oregon's only academic health center, our patients have access to the latest drug treatments, surgery techniques and some of the most advanced diagnostic tests as well as:
- The only accredited chest pain center on Portland's Westside, one of only two in Oregon.
- The most advanced technology and cardiovascular imaging equipment in the state, including:
- the only 256-slice CT scanner in the Pacific Northwest
- implanting the latest ventricular assist devices
- the only place on the West coast using microbubble technology to detect heart attacks
- Experience performing over 500 heart transplants as the only hospital in Oregon where transplants are covered by Medicare.
Making Heart Disease History
Learn how a gift of $125 million from Phil and Penny Knight established the OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute. More