OHSU

Sam Jackson Guild

Sam Jackson Guild

One man's foresight helped create OHSU. Your foresight can enhance OHSU's future.

The Sam Jackson Guild honors individuals who have established deferred gift plans benefiting Oregon Health & Science University through the OHSU Foundation.

The guild is named in honor of Charles Samuel Jackson, whose family donated most of the land that is now the OHSU campus. Jackson was the founding publisher of The Portland Journal and a widely respected humanitarian.

On Christmas Eve 1924, the Jackson family donated 88 acres on Marquam Hill adjacent to the existing campus of the University of Oregon Medical School (now OHSU) to be used “for the benefit of the Medical School and affiliated institutions.”

The Jackson legacy helped create today’s Oregon Health & Science University – where healing, teaching, discovery and outreach come together to serve the people of the Northwest and beyond.

More information:

Sam Jackson Guild brochure

Contact Us

Contact a member of our gift planning team to learn more about the Sam Jackson Guild.