OHSU Foundation has a wonderful opportunity for an Assistant Director of Prospect Management and Analytics. As a member of the Research, Prospect Management, and Analytics team, the position conducts in-depth analysis of the organization's prospect pool, utilizes data mining and statistical methods to report out on prospect data to Advancement leadership and staff to make strategic data-informed decisions. The position plays a critical role in managing and analyzing development officers' prospect portfolios and distribution.
This role is divided into data analysis, prospect identification and tracking, data integrity and ad hoc special projects. We are seeking an individual who can promote and support data-driven decision making by providing routine and ad hoc data analysis that align with fund-raising and campaign priorities. The ability to develop and implement the tools necessary to keep a robust prospect pipeline moving forward is key towards ensuring Development Officers are equipped to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major and principal gifts prospects and potential prospects. The ideal candidate needs to be able to use data to influence and guide leaders towards meaningful decision making and action regarding prospects. This person works closely and collaboratively across many teams at the foundation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- An inquisitive nature that uses deductive and intuitive reasoning
- Demonstrated mastery in the collection, analysis, interpretation and evaluation of information
- Knowledge of and experience with complex, high quality data analysis techniques to include pipeline analysis, forecasting, and building predictive models
- Ability to initiate and manage projects related to the analysis of internal and external data, and provide conclusions, value-added recommendations and inform data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated understanding of development and major gifts fund raising and how research and prospect management supports development efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated background in utilizing multiple screening strategies and methodologies, including data mining, segmentation and analytics
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in a relational database (Raiser's Edge preferred)
- Expertise in advanced Microsoft Excel functions and experience working with statistical software (SPSS preferred)
- Proficient skills in other Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; advanced skills preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Information Technologies, or Social Science, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years of experience in data analysis, research or prospect management, preferably in higher education or complex non-profit environment
- Experience working with volunteers, board members, faculty, and University leadership preferred
For immediate consideration for this position, please apply online through our career center.