The OHSU Foundation is seeking a senior-level graphic designer to build and showcase our brand in support of our ambitious fundraising efforts to help transform human health. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, are quick to offer creative solutions, play well with others, and have the skills to manage multiple high-stakes projects, OHSUF could be good fit for you. The successful candidate will be accomplished in multiple forms of print and digital design, demonstrate a diverse portfolio of work, and have some experience managing other designers and production artists. We're a mission-driven and highly collaborative organization, so the ability to articulate design direction and lead a team through the give-and-take of a design process is essential. Senior-level experience with branding and visual identity systems is required. Typical projects include design and production of donor publications, fundraising case statements, digital assets and event collateral;photo shoot direction;and development of brand and style guidelines. Our work supports OHSU's ability to make lifesaving scientific breakthroughs and serve patients. An interest in science, medicine or health is a plus. Visit OnwardOHSU.org to learn more about our brand, our mission, and our campaign.
With your application, submit at least three examples of work that demonstrates your level of skill and diversity in design. Attach a cover letter and resume to your online application and please check to make sure you are using the most up-to-date browser for the application process.
Qualifications and Experience
- Highly proficient in graphic design software, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficient in both MAC and PC environment
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellent print and digital design skills and creativity, as well as a diverse portfolio of work
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in print-production processes
- Ability to work productively with publications managers, photographers, art directors, vendors, and in-house clients
- Ability to organize time, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to put forth creative options and solutions to management and team members
- Strong capability of working both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Experience in developing and managing visual identity systems
- Bachelor's degree visual communications, graphic design, or related field preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five or more years' experience in design
- Experience working with multiple clients and/or in a team-based environment is preferred
- Experience in a health care, educational, or fund-raising environment is preferred
- Prolonged use of computer
For immediate consideration, please apply online through our career site.
At this time, we are not accepting new applicants for this position- thank you for your interest!
OHSU Foundation has a wonderful opportunity for an Assistant Director of Development on the Major &Special Gifts team. The major responsibilities will be focused on prospect management and gift solicitation. In this role you will qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donor prospects to maximize potential for major and special gift level philanthropy. You will have the opportunity to expand the major and principal gift donor pipeline through your own research and through overall team efforts. By working closely with OHSU Foundation's other fundraising staff, you will develop strategies to optimize and secure gifts for a multitude of health care initiatives. This position is the first level in our fundraising model. The candidate will carry a portfolio of prospects with capacity to make major level gifts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to understand and effectively manage complex issues related to education in a multi-tiered, academic medical institution.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial reports used by the foundation and university preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with many different constituencies, especially physicians, academic community, trustees, business leaders and patients.
- Solutions driven with an ability to anticipate potential problems in advance.
- Be entrepreneurial in nature: creative, self-starting and oriented toward action and results.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities and manage a large number of tasks simultaneously.
- Possess sound judgment, strong work ethic and a deep to commitment to excellence, and high professional standards and ethics.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;advanced skills preferred.
- Commitment to collaborative engagement with foundation staff and OHSU faculty.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, such as liberal arts, marketing or a scientific field;or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years of previous fundraising experience preferred.
- Knowledge of major gifts, planned gifts, campaigns, annual giving, direct mail and volunteer management preferred.
- Experience in health care/education is a plus.
- Travel is a requirement of this position, as well as some evening work. Must possess valid driver license, access to vehicle, and appropriate insurance coverage that meets Foundation requirements