Report on Giving - 2012
Philanthropic partnerships drive progress in FY12
It's been another remarkable year. During the period that ended on June 30, 2012, nearly 15,000 donors contributed just shy of $100 million in gifts and pledges to OHSU and Doernbecher Children's Hospital.
Each year, donors make extraordinary things possible – from world-leading scientific discoveries to exceptional patient care. This year our philanthropic supporters accelerated OHSU progress toward:
- Halting the rampant rise in chronic illness caused by unhealthy eating
- Ending HIV/AIDs around the world by advancing promising vaccine research
- Improving our ability to prevent and treat complex diseases
- Transforming dental education across the region with a state-of-the art dental school facility
- Bringing OHSU and Doernbecher expertise to more children and families across the Northwest
Such generous support reflects the very best of this institution: the enduring power of our missions, the exceptional work of faculty and staff, and the inspiring commitment of our friends. On behalf of OHSU, I extend profound gratitude to you for your ongoing support and confidence.
Joseph E. Robertson Jr., M.D., M.B.A.