CORPORA from CSLU: Voices v1.0
OHSU # 0681-S
The VOICES Corpus contains 12 speakers reading 50 phonetically rich sentences. The recording procedure involved a "mimicking" approach which resulted in a high degree of natural time-alignment between different speakers. The acoustic wave and the concurrent laryngograph signal were recorded for 1 "free" and 2 "mimicked" renditions of each sentence. Pitch marks, calculated from the laryngograph signal, and time marks, the output of a forced-alignment algorithm, have been added to the corpus.
Developing a successful spoken language system typically requires vast amounts of data, and CSLU has established itself significantly as a collector and distributor of speech corpora. Recognizing that speech corpora are important resources for anyone conducting research in the area of voice processing, we have collected and transcribed telephone and cellular speech data in over 20 languages. CSLU usually has at least one data collection going at any given time.
To place your order:
1. Click on the type of license you wish to order: Academic or non-profit entity or Commercial entity.
2. Terms of the license agreement can be viewed by clicking on the word "terms".
3. You agree to the terms of the license agreement when you click on "Add to Order" and proceed to the next screen.
4. If information on the "Order Contents" screen is correct, press "Check out".
5. On the next screen, a brief "Intended Use" is required. For "Recipient Scientist Information" enter the appropriate information for yourself or if you are placing the order for another person enter that information. We will use this information should we have questions about the order, payment or shipping address.
6. Once your payment has been received and verified by OHSU, your order will be approved by Technology Transfer & Business Development and then the DVD will be sent out by the Center for Spoken Language Understanding by FedEx within 5-10 business days.
For demos and more information, visit the CSLU Corpora website at:
- CSLU, SOM CSLU
For more information, contact:
Technology Development Manager